Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Diving!

(Yes, that's me in the pic... can't you tell?!?!?)


I just got back from my first diving class! I enrolled with a local diving club here in Lethbridge... and my ears are water-logged, nose is dripping, head and chest are full but it was SO MUCH FUN! It's a two-hour class once a week, and I think it's going to be great! We do some warm-up cardio, then practice on the trampoline, then on the dry board, and then spend the last hour in the pool practicing proper form for various diving tricks. Today we learned about basic positioning, did some front tucks, front and back dives, and then got a little bit of free time at the end to fool around. I am what you call an extreme amateur at this, and am completely freaked out about the high board, but am so excited to learn some fun tricks and meet new people! Hooray!

6 comments:

The Clarks said...

Whoa!!! SO cool Lindy!!! I love it! What a fun challenge! So proud of you!

KYLE FAMILY said...

sweet pic diving hhahaha! Is there nothing you won't try? Good for you - pack all of this in before the kids start comin....hahahah way to go!

The Probert Family said...

You are a natural. Look at that form.

I love that you do these kinds of things. Keep up the good work. Next stop: 2012 Summer Olympics. GO CANADA!

Lorna Kyle Boot said...

You know your grandmother was a champion diver right?? You look fantastic. I'm so glad I found this. You are fabulouly crazy and fun! I'll have to send a link to Andy.

Aunt Lorna!

Camilla Cole said...

Um, how cool is this. Ry didn't believe it really was you, but I set him straight!
Linda=cool.

Ashley and Aaron said...

Linda my friend how I miss you. I haven't looked at your blog forever and I have a few things to say:
#1: You in that grey pencil skirt and cobalt blue top?! Nothing hotter!
#2: I heart Waterton so much and your pics made me homesick...kudos for going in November and braving the crazytown chilly winds
#3: You inspire me with your adventurous attitude! I love that you were in that hip hop class and now with the diving class...really, you make me want to go out there and try something new!