The first great event of the month was the tri-ward carnival, complete with snow cones, hot dogs, popcorn, and even cotton-candy... yeah! There were all sorts of games and activities to do for points to win food... or stuffed animals. By the end of the night I had won 2 small stuffed animals, and one large one... a record for the night.
Me and my bear wearing his winning ribbon, and my friend Braden.

The biggest triumph of all was when I entered the pie-eating contest with 11 other contestants... and..... WON! Hahaha, kind of embarassing that that's one of my hidden talents... but they say not to hide your talents under a bushel right? So, I went for the win!


And, for the second great event of the month, Maureen and I decided to host a VIP only St Patty's day party! Here are a few shots of the very Irish evening! Go Green Go!
A lil highland dancin...
Maureen, the party-planner, and moi
Green or Bust!

Don't ask me what this pic is... I just felt it captured the magic of the evening... haha.
And just a peak at some of the awesome decor...

Maureen, the party-planner, and moi

Green or Bust!

Don't ask me what this pic is... I just felt it captured the magic of the evening... haha.

And just a peak at some of the awesome decor...

And, lastly, the not-so-good event of the month... after a year of home-ownership, I had my first 'initiation' this week when my hot water tank broke and leaked all over the basement, forcing me to shower in the icy-cold sink, and buy a brand new hot water heater (which, I might add was over a GRAND to buy!) Sheesh. Oh well, so much for that trip to Hawaii... at least I can enjoy warm showers again...

7 comments:
Lindy lind... you look so good! Yeah for fun times in Canada! :)
You're so cute, love the pictures!!
cute pictures! I guess your title stands true for the pie eating. You are too funny!
Linda I love this post! Mostly I love that you brought your pie-eating talent out from under that bushel...funny! And of course you used St. Patrick's day as an excuse to dress up...you're my hero.
Linda Jane, don't you dare get me all excited with hints of coming to AZ this summer and then never do it!!! That would be so cool. For real, though, PLEASE!!!!!
Sanders,
A few items to discuss:
(1) Love your hair
(2) Nice calves in the Highland Dancer pics. You look very skinny. Good job. And good thing you learned that dance in Grade 3 so you could still perform it almost 20 years later at your party.
(3) I am not even KIND OF surprised that you won the pie-eating contest. NOT because you are pig, but because you somehow manage to dominate any competition, race, contest, etc. that you enter. I'm not sure how...or why...but you always, always win.
(4) Sorry about the water heater. Seriously a LAME home-owners initiation. Reminds me of the time you had to buy new tires for Stella down in LA.
Linda...I'm so proud I'm wiping tears...way to represent in the pie eating contest! j/k by the way I think you're the most adorable leprachaun (sp?) I've ever seen. Miss you!
Post a Comment