Monday, December 22, 2008

New Job!

After almost 3 years of employment at my current job as Recruiter at Sun Life Financial, I submitted my formal resignation today because of a job offer that I just couldn't refuse.

As of January 12, 2009 I will be working as a Career Development Advisor for the Lethbridge School District 51. My new role is based out of Lethbridge, however I will have accountabilities over 3 school districts... from Lethbridge to Cardston. I will be teaching workshops to High School students, as well as one-on-one coaching for resumes, interviewing skills, job searching techniques, job shadow days placements, and everything else related to Career Development. I am super pumped for this new role! I love High Schoolers (probably because I still feel like one myself...), and am so excited to exhert my energy on helping them discover and plan for what they want to be when they grow up. Best part of the job: 2 weeks off at Christmas, a week of spring break, work till on Noon on Fridays, and ...... July and August OFF!!!!! I've already applied to be an EFY counselor for 2 weeks in Calgary this summer... and can't wait to go on endless roadtrips and summer adventures!

I am so sad to be leaving Sun Life.... they have been so good to me, and I have been so lucky to grow in my career there. I have given them 3 weeks notice, and will be super busy these next few weeks as I transition my responsibilities.

Yay for Change!!!!! Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!

(here's a lil Christmas treat to wrap-things up...)


Angie and I on our way out to the ugly sweater party... aren't we such a dream?!

7 comments:

Lisa and Mark said...

congratulations, miss linda! that sounds so professional!!!!

also, this is completely unrelated, but the word verification for this comment is "fluff." in my family, that means something unpleasant...

The Probert Family said...

Okay....whoa....so much to say:

(A) You don't look nasty for the Ugly Sweater Party. You look like such a sweet, darling little housewife wearing her finest pearls and ribbons for her world-famous Neighborhood Christmas Party.

(B) Could you have dreamed up a more PERFECT job for yourself?!? We definitely need to talk. Sandy, it's perfect. You'll thrive in your high school surroundings, make friends with all sorts of 16-year olds, AND the schedule is a DREAM come true. I'm so glad you've applied to be an EFY counselor. I am always amazed at how you truly live life to the fullest...soaking up each and every opportunity and detail of life. I LOVE IT. You inspire more than you know. I'm way happy for you.

p.s. Lisa likes to fluff.

Stacey Jensen said...

Congrats!! They called me for a reference and I was so happy to know that you trusted me enough to brag about you! She sounded very pleased to have you even apply. I told her she would never regret it. You will have to let me know how you like it. Man I love you and am so very proud of you. Love your guts.

Ryan and Katie said...

WOW! I can see you being fantastic at your new job!

The Clarks said...

Way cool Linda! That is so perfect for you! Congrats!

Ashley and Aaron said...

Congrats Linda..that is awesome! Those young'uns will love you for sure. That sounds like an amazing job. By now you have been doing it for a couple weeks...so how is it?! And of course, your sweater made my day.

Phil and Ronnie said...

Linda!
Wow.. you are just having a wonderful time! I found you on Stacey's blog and I'm so excited to watch what you are up to. Congratulations!

philandronnie.blogspot.com