- Well the first unfortunate thing is that I have a brutal beyond brutal cough. It's in its third week now and STILL isn't getting better! I got some antibiotics last week and since it hasn't improved even remotely, I went back today. Apparently it is inflamed now.... great. So now I'm on super-duper antibiotics and I also got my very first..... puffer!!! Is it weird that I'm kind of excited to use a puffer? Fun!
- While setting up for my brothers reception this past weekend, I had another cough attack and couldn't help but throw-up first in a random garbage can in the church hallway, and then in the bathroom.... sick. Oops.... I feel so sorry for whoever is on church cleaning duty this week! Whoever is might just get a surprise when they go to empty the garbage can.... gulp.
- Just as I was running out of my parents house on Saturday, my flip-flop caught on the stairs and I totally fell alllll the way down the stairs. My big toe has a very nice sized bruise now.... and I can't walk in any of my heels!
- Literally half-an-hour later I was doing my hair and burnt my finger on the straightener! I hate when that happens!!!!
- In Sunday School on Sunday I had another cough attack and my throat lozenge spat right out of my mouth and flew several feet into the aisle.... oops.
- Today as I was cooking dinner, I thought I'd be cool and healthy and eat some cooked broccoli. So I put some cut up broccoli into a bowl, put some saran wrap over it and cooked it in the microwave. When I took it out, I opened the saran wrap right away (apparently you're not supposed to do that?) and the steam burnt my hand! I've had ice on it all evening!
- If that wasn't going to top it all off.... I was cutting a nectarine for desert and literally cut right through my index finger! My roommate Erin ran to the rescue, helped me clean up the blood, and bandaged it up all nicely for me.... thank you Erin!!!
- You think it would end right? Well I went to my parents house for a little bit after that and my sister was playing around with a big chunky bracelet of mine... she threw it up in the air, missed the catch, and it smacked me right on the top of my nose! Now I've got a nice red goose egg on my nose..... fun stuff.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Walking Disaster
I am officially a walking disaster... I swear I'm not usually that clutsy and didn't think I had bad Carma (karma?) but I'm starting to think otherwise... As several random incidents were happening to me in the last few days, my sister Katie looked over at me (laughing): "you're a mess!" It's true... I'll elaborate below....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow. You are really a walking disaster. Maybe you should take it easy for a while, Champ.
p.s. the other day I walked into 3 different walls within an hour...the kind where your shoulder ricochets off the wall.
Look on the bright side...at least you showered this week...no?..too soon?..
Wow, what a time. You know...you only have 1 body. Take care of it...and get better. The spell will shortly disappear...just keep saying that to yourself.
Post a Comment