Wednesday, January 9, 2008

101 Things About Me!

So here goes nothin'! I'll admit it, I'm a blogging creeper... I creep on other people's blogs. So, after a year or so of creeping, I decided it's time for my own, one-of-a-kind blog! Thanks to my good friend Candra C. Probert who has encouraged me more than once to get a blog -- and whose blog I absolutely love! So, happy creeping everyone! Enjoy learning more about moi!

To start off, I've copied an idea from other blogs I've seen.... here's 101 things about me that you may or may not know.
101 Things About Me:
  1. I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (aka: Mormon). www.mormon.org.
  2. I have ADD hair… I can’t keep the same hairstyle/length/color for very long without getting the urge to change it somehow.
  3. I hate the sound of ticking clocks.
  4. I wore a patch as a kid for my crossed-eye… luckily I later got glasses, then contacts, and now have 20/20 vision thanks to eye surgery!
  5. I love to read nerdy Mormon novels… Jack Weyland’s books being at the top of the list!
  6. I love to be famous… anything I can do to be in pictures, mentioned somewhere, quoted, taped, on the radio, TV, etc. etc. etc…
  7. I have a B.S. degree in Communication from Brigham Young University-Idaho.
  8. I have a crush on BYU-Idaho; I love that place!
  9. I love to teach!
  10. I play the piano… but only because my mom made me when I was younger… though I admit, it does come in handy.
  11. I have a jewelry fetish… I love earrings, necklaces, rings, bracelets, you name it!
  12. I love to snuggle.
  13. I don’t talk about myself unless I’m asked.
  14. I shop on eBay.
  15. I have worked at Sun Life Financial in the HR department doing Recruiting for almost two years.
  16. I love to dance! I’ve taken Jazz, Hip-Hop, Ballroom, Belly Dancing, etc. classes.
  17. I hate the sound of fans… I have to turn them off in bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.
  18. I wash my hair every other day.
  19. I hate running, but do it anyway just for the sense of accomplishment at the end of a race.
  20. I love to talk on the phone with old friends.
  21. I can take naps anytime/any place.
  22. I love CafĂ© Rio pork salads…
  23. I am the reigning Pie Eating Contest Champion!
  24. I love to put on body butter right after a shower.
  25. I rarely make my bed.
  26. I have OCD about checking my Facebook.
  27. I shave my arms.
  28. I like to practice singing Alto; I’m not very good, but it’s sooooo fun to try!
  29. I love having my nails done.
  30. I hate to lose, especially at cards.
  31. I love Ottawa.
  32. I get startled easily and will scream and jump at anything!
  33. I love driving in my car Rochelle.
  34. I love Utah… wish I could visit more often.
  35. I’m obsessed with proper grammar and spelling.
  36. Because of a visual design class at BYU-Idaho, I’m obsessed with formatting everything I write/create to perfection.
  37. I love aerobics.
  38. I hate filling my car up with gas.
  39. I don’t like to be by myself.
  40. I love to drink milk.
  41. I am the Relief Society President in my ward.
  42. I very seldom cry.
  43. I love going to parties.
  44. I am 5th of 8 kids.
  45. I used to have three ear piercings in each ear… I’m now down to one per ear.
  46. I speak French.
  47. When I read a book I become a hermit until it’s done… no stopping for nothing!
  48. For me, there’s nothing better than going to bed on Friday night knowing that I can wake up when I want to.
  49. I love to look at resumes and critique them.
  50. I hate getting ready in the morning.
  51. I love swimming outside in the summer.
  52. I usually win underwater handstand contests in swimming pools.
  53. I’m an impulse shopper.
  54. I love to do other people’s hair.
  55. I have 7 nieces and nephews with two on the way!
  56. I don’t like cooking.
  57. I love public speaking.
  58. I grew up in the Capital of Canada… Ottawa, Ontario!
  59. I love the beach.
  60. I like Math and English and hate Science.
  61. I hate going on first dates.
  62. I’ve received more speeding tickets and photo radar tickets than I can count.
  63. The only time I cry is when I throw-up… it’s not a pretty site, and not-so-forgivable on the ears.
  64. I love my job.
  65. I love reading the New Era and In Style Magazine... go figure.
  66. At BYU-Idaho I played every Intramural sport imaginable: Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Floor Hockey, Soccer, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee, Battleship,
  67. I won Athlete of the Week once for Intramural Basketball.
  68. I love meeting new people.
  69. I don’t like meeting new people if I’m the only new person.
  70. I love chillin’ in hot tubs.
  71. I love girls camp.
  72. I plan on having lots of kids some day.
  73. I love receiving mail and emails.
  74. I’m terrible with directions… MapQuest is my best friend.
  75. I love the show What Not to Wear… I take to heart all of Stacey and Clinton’s advice every time I go shopping.
  76. I love learning about people.
  77. The only music I listen to is stuff with a good beat… Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, etc.
  78. I don’t like rock or alternative music, aka: Boy Music.
  79. I have a not-so-secret crush on Pasha from Russia on So You Think You Can Dance, Season 3.
  80. I love the candy cane ice cream that comes out only in December at Superstore… it’s to die for!
  81. I get monthly massages.
  82. I creep on people’s blog’s and Facebook pages all the time.
  83. I was born in Edmonton, Alberta.
  84. In High School I was in a Broadcasting class and did the morning announcements and/or weather every morning live through the whole school.
  85. I’ve been to Mexico on a cruise.
  86. I’ve seen the movie Mean Girls more times than I can count, and quote it in my daily conversations.
  87. I love tennis and ping-pong… and I hate to lose at it.
  88. I like to be in the know.
  89. I love pineapple and tomatoes on my pizza; nothin else.
  90. I’m late for work every day.
  91. I love getting free stuff.
  92. I hate when someone says “Awkward Silence” after a long pause. You just made it awkward!
  93. I talk on the phone when I drive; sometimes text… oops.
  94. I don’t like to do nothing on a Friday night.
  95. I never know the words to songs, so I make them up as I go.
  96. I love to dress-up in costumes.
  97. I love Canada day.
  98. I can never get to sleep the night before something exciting/fun is happening.
  99. I’ve been to The Price is Right twice…. so fun!
  100. I love my religion.
  101. I have ADD; not clinically, but I have a hard time sitting still for long periods of time… movies, sports games, church, you name it.

14 comments:

Stacey Jensen said...

You are amazing!!! I love you and miss you so very much. I am glad you have a blog so I can keep updated on you and your life. I hope you are doing well and know how much you mean to me. Keep blogging and know I love you.

Christina said...

I loved reading or I guess as you would put creeping on your blog. You look awesome. I miss you! I was in Calgary for the Christmas break and wondered where you might be. I always seem to run into you. Well I just wanted to say I love your blog and will totally be creeping it on a regular basis. BYUI rules!!!!

The Probert Family said...

SAND!! I'm so excited you crossed over!! Way to go! And, it just hit me: you need to work your way towards being a professor at BYU-Idaho. DUH!?!? What have we been thinking?!? It's so obvious.

Anonymous said...

Awww shucks Joel, aren't you just the cutest. It's funny cause I was like "101 things! That's way too long." But once I started reading I couldn't stop! You're a dream as always Linda-loo, a dream.

Anonymous said...

very very very informative! haha your such a fun girl...i myself am a facebook/blog snooper as well..as u can tell!

Ryan and Katie said...

k, love it! Don't slack with your blog now or I'll be on you like peanut butter on toast!

Sarah said...

Linda! So happy you got a blog, you are always so funny. I am going to love reading your blog!

The Clarks said...

Linda! This is so exciting! I am always wondering about you! AND I had no idea that Sarah and Cam had blogs! Exxccccellennnnnt. What a fun day finding out about everyone!

Michael and Megan said...

Linda,
I'm glad you have a blog. we have one too www.lightnerfamily.blogspot.com! How's Canada?

Manelle said...

Who that went to BYU-I could not have a crush on it? Nice to see you in the blogging world.

Tiffany said...

i love it! i wish you lived here so you could do my hair! that would be sweet! you're awesome!

aly said...

so i miss your face! i love your stinking guts! just so you know i saw pasha in reno! we went to the last show of the tour in reno and the next morning we saw him at our hotel! we freaked out and he just laughed at us like we were crazy! then we met lauren at the airport! how are you by the way?

davis said...

i love all these old school prosper girl blogs! linda you are so funny! now i get to check up you regularly. xoxo

ash.day said...

Linda Kyle!
I was checking out Ash Parks blog and was so happy to come across yours! Oh how I miss you! We need to catch up one of these days! My baby is now 10 months old! Crazy!!! I loved your 101 things about you! I shave my arms too (that was the one that stuck out to me). Anyway have a wonderful day! Ashley Day